Terms & Conditions
Please read carefully for the Terms and Conditions.
- Summer Garden Guest House operates on a bed only/ self catering basis with the optional extras of Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner and unless explicitly arranged, does not supply laundry facilities, functions, events, parties, conferences, tours, baby sitting or any other services. The guest house can however provide details of suppliers that can provide these services directly to the guest or can arrange for the services to be provided to the guests.
- Reservations/Bookings are done on a ‘per person’ basis and not a Room basis, unless on prior arranged. Rates are therefore subject to the number of people that occupy a Room/Unit or Apartment. The names of the guest or persons sharing/occupying the rooms must be provided when the reservation is made. Persons over the age of 18 years are considered as adults.
- Reservations will not be confirmed until the name, surname, number of persons sharing each Room, cell phone numbers, payment method and expected time of arrival of each guest is provided to the guest house, where upon the guest house will send a confirmation in the form of a quote, pro forma invoice or invoice with relevant reservation details to the guest/s by email alone. No reservations or bookings will be done by SMS or WhatsApp.
- A payment deposit of 50% of the booking value is required to finalize all bookings, unless a written agreement is in place with the guests or booking agents to state otherwise.
- The full balance of the invoice (booking) is payable upon arrival before check in unless a written agreement is in place with the guests or travel agents to state otherwise.
- Accommodation is payable in advance or on arrival unless otherwise agreed in writing
- If a confirmed booking is cancelled more than 5 days prior to arrival, but less than 2 weeks, a cancellation fee of 10% is payable to cover the associated costs of the booking.
- If a confirmed booking is cancelled less than 5 days prior to arrival, a cancellation fee of 50% is payable. In the case where a deposit was paid, it will consequently be forfeited. If a deposit was not paid, the guest/booking agent will be liable for the costs.
- The full cost of the accommodation is payable should a guest fail to arrive, cancel or end the booking with less than 24 hours notice. It is up to Summer Garden Guest House’s owners to waive any such costs.
- Discounted rates are subject to the approval by the owners of Summer Garden Guest House. Long term rates are subject to bookings of 21 consecutive nights or more, confirmed long term bookings that are changed to less than 21 nights will be revised to the standard normal rate.
- Sundries and extras will be invoiced separately and are to be settled on the last day of the guest’s stay.
- No refunds will be made once the account is settled.
- Prices are subject to change without notice. However, prices are guaranteed once the deposit has been paid.
- The guest remains personally responsible and liable for the account until the employer, agent, or person that made the reservation on his or her behalf has settled the account.
- Cash, Internet transfers and major credit/debit cards are valid payment methods. Cheques are not accepted.
- The maximum refund value under any circumstances is 90% of the charge. Refunds will only be made after payments have been finally cleared by the bank or Credit Card Company. This process can take in excess of 30 days.
- A minimum administration fee of 10% will be added to any service the guest house pays for or arrange on behalf of the guest.
- Check in time is between 14:00 and 19:00, unless prior arrangements have been made with management.
- If no prior arrangements have been made, a late book in Fee of R 100.00 per hour will be applicable.
- No check-in will be made after 22:00. This is necessary to ensure the security, comfort and well being of other guests.
- Check out time is between 06:30 and 10:00 unless prior arrangements have been made. No check-out after 12:00. This is to enable the room to be prepared in time for new arrivals. Guests that check out after 12:00 without prior arrangement will be liable for an extra night’s accommodation, as we will not be able to service the rooms in time for new arrivals.
- Parking is limited to one vehicle per Room unless otherwise indicated. One remote control and set of keys is provided per Room. The cost of replacement keys and remote control is R400.00. Rooms must be locked and keys handed in at reception or deposited in the key deposit box at the gate prior to departure.
- Visitors may only park in the designated visitors parking. Vehicles that park in the driveway or in such a manner that it causes an obstruction or occupies a guest’s parking will be removed at the visitors cost. We accept no responsibility for any loss or damage due to this removal.
- Parking under carports and numbered parking is reserved for guests only. Guests may only park on their designated parking.
- Guests must provide access to visitors including food delivery services using their own gate remote control after reception hours. The security guard (if applicable) does not open the gate for deliveries or visitors. Make sure that visitors or deliveries have your cell phone number to inform you of their arrival.
- The reception desk is open from 06:30 to 19:00 Monday to Saturday and 07:00 to 17:00 on Sundays and public holidays. The after-hours contact number is 076 497 0952.
- Reservations office hours are: Monday to Friday from 08:00 to 17:00.
- Although the guest house takes reasonable steps to ensure the safety and security of guests and their possessions, guests retain final responsibility for their own safety and security. Keep rooms locked at all times and place valuables in the safe provided. Upon Check out please leave the safe open and room locked.
- The guest house does not provide storage facilities for personal belongings and vehicles.
- Forgotten items will be stored for 1 calendar month. Thereafter, if uncollected by the guests, it will be donated to a charity of Summer Garden’s choice.
- Breakfast is served weekdays 06:30-08:30. Weekends and public holidays 07:30-09:00.
- No refunds are made in the event of breakfasts not taken for whatever reason.
- Breakfast can be taken in the form of a food parcel during the week. Please order before 18:00 the previous day.
- No food allowed to be taken away from the Buffet.
- Any other meals are served on prior arrangement.
- Guests have access to crockery, cutlery, mini fridge, kettle, microwave and gas braai or braai facilities free of charge. Guests may entertain one or two visitors by prior arrangement. Guests who wish to entertain must however make their own arrangements for food and snacks from the local supermarket or from management. Entertainment activities must end and visitors must leave by 21:30 as a courtesy to other guests. NO LOUD NOISE WILL BE ACCEPTED.
This is a NON SMOKING Guest House. Indoor smoking is strictly prohibited in ALL our guest rooms and enclosed areas. Guests found to be smoking in their rooms will be liable to pay an additional night’s accommodation and a minimum fine of R500-00. No exception will be made under any circumstances. Please use the designated smoking areas.
Under no circumstances will guests be permitted to bring any pets onto the premises.
- The guests, booking agent or employer/company making the booking on behalf of the guest will be held, jointly and severally, liable for any outstanding accounts, loss or damages caused to the property of the Summer Garden Guest House (excluding wear and tear).
- In terms of the Magistrates Court Act of 1944, as amended, the guest/s consents to the jurisdiction of the Magistrate’s Court having jurisdiction in respect of any action or proceedings which may be instituted against the guest in terms of/or arising out of this agreement, nonpayment or any damages relevant to the claim.
- The guest chooses as his address for notices, the address provided by him/her on the booking form.
- The address for notices for Summer Garden Guest House will be the Head Office Address: 8 Klip Street, Farrarmere, Benoni,1501.
- The owners/manager of Summer Garden Guest House have the right to request that any guest leave the premises with immediate effect, should the need arise, due to disturbance, damage to property or unruly behavior. No payments will be refunded in this instance.
- Summer Garden Guest House, its owners, managers or staff cannot be held liable if any of the following events or conditions prevents the guest house from fulfilling its obligations to guests. The guest house will take all reasonable steps to minimize disruption and discomfort to guests under these conditions.
- Unanticipated interruption to electricity, water, sewage to, from or on the guest house property.
- Industrial action, civil uprising or criminal activity.
- Fire, frost, flooding or any other force of nature, acts of God
- Although every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained herein, Summer Garden Guest House cannot accept responsibility for any errors or omissions, and reserve the right to vary, amend, supplement or cancel any of the information or offers featured at any time.
- Summer Garden Guest House shall not be responsible for any loss or damage which you may suffer arising out of events beyond its control or the control of its suppliers (including, without limitation, water, telephone lines/services, fire, failure of electrical, gas or other power supplies, strikes, industrial action, terrorist activity, technical problems with transport, illness of entertainers and bad weather), nor for any curtailment, cancellation or change to any accommodation, activity or itinerary or any other consequences which arise as a result of such events.
We have generators installed at The Palms, The Flower Box and Urban Jungle as a value-added service to our guests. These generators will only operate during specific time intervals to soften the effect of load shedding. Operational hours may be changed at any time by management without prior notification to, or approval by guests. Generators at The Palms & The Flower Box will be operational from 06:00 to 07:30 in the mornings and 18:00 to 22:00 in the evenings during weekdays and only from 18:00 to 22:00 in the evenings on weekends. Generators at Urban Jungle will be operational from 06:00 to 07:30 in the mornings and 18:00 to 20:00 in the evenings on weekdays and only from 18:00 to 20:00 in the evenings on weekends. Additionally, we require an occupancy rate of 50% at the specific property and load shedding must in progress at that property. Under no circumstances will these hours be extended. Although we try our best to adhere to these time schedules, Summer Garden Guest House, its Directors, Shareholders, Managers, or staff members does not guarantee that the generators will be operational during these time intervals, especially but not limited to breakdowns, service intervals, maintenance, or prolonged power outages not deemed load shedding. These generators are only suitable for backup power generation during load shedding and cannot replace the normal electrical supply from the municipality for prolonged periods.
We have additional water tanks and water pressure pumps at all properties to assist with continuous water supply. These additional water supply measures are a value-added service to our guests and are limited in their function. It can only sustain the properties for a limited period during water interruptions. Use water sparingly, to prolong the water supply in the event of water interruptions. Summer Garden Guest House, its Directors, Shareholders, Managers, or staff members does not guarantee that the water supply will be continuous or sufficient to continue business within normal operational parameters for prolonged periods.